Cassie Shepherd

June 10, 2010

Reception

We went back and forth and back and forth trying to decide where we would have a reception. Finally we settled on the reception at my parents house and then an open house at Mitch's parents the next day. We had to do it that way because we had to be in California for Mitch to start selling the following Monday. We said moving to California for 2 months would be like an extended honeymoon but we still planned to go on an "official" one after Mitch was done selling. Which we did - in March of the next year. We went to Mexico.
After being sealed, Mitch and I went to Olive Garden for lunch. Then we headed to my parents house to get ready for the reception.

A year later, my mom has been saying, "I am SO glad we're not thinking about a wedding right now!" It was stressful! My wonderful parents spent so much time to make it perfect. My dad spent hours working on the yard and my mom spent hours going over every little detail to make sure we had everything we needed. We worried the most about the weather. The night before the wedding, it poured! We bought all these tarps to cover the tables in the yard and it worked. The next day, our wedding day, was gorgeous. Really, everything was perfect! There isn't one thing I would've done differently. I am so thankful for all of my family and for all of their hard work to make our day special. We have over 500 pictures just from the wedding day so if you want to see more you can go to my Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment