Cassie Shepherd

October 25, 2010

DC Part V - Last Day


By our last day we were exhausted. In fact, exhausted hardly describes how we felt. It was tough to get out of bed. I probably could've slept the whole day. We took it easy, slept in, and then returned to see the last few things around the National Mall. We had planned to see Mount Vernon, but just ran out of time. We decided we wanted to take our time seeing the Holocaust Museum and the American History Museum. We spent a good couple of hours in each and it was well worth the effort back into town to see them.



Dorthy's Red Slippers from the Wizard of Oz

THE Kermit the Frog


On our way back to Frederick we took a little side tour to see the DC Temple. It was much bigger than I expected. I'm used to seeing the smaller Temples, but DC definitely is not in that category. I was so pleased to see the sculptures that were on display. Honestly, I know all the art around DC is "to die for" but I was much more impressed and thoroughly enjoyed the work that was in the Visitor's Center. I wish we would've made more effort to have done a session, but unfortunately it was difficult to squeeze in. 




My favorite



We ended our trip at a fancy dinner in Frederick with Josh and Cyd at The Dutch's Daughter. Delicious steak and delicious creme brulee - my very very favorite. It was a great way to wrap up the trip. The next morning we barley caught our flight (and I mean barley)! We had a layover in NYC and then flew straight home to Utah. It was good to be back and finally be able to let our feet and eyes rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment