Cassie Shepherd

October 28, 2010

Its beginning to feel a little like Christmas...


I just have to make a quick note that this morning Mitch slipped out of our room and then came running back in a few minutes later. I was wondering - what in the world is he doing?! Then I quietly hear, "Angels We Have Heard on High" softly echoing through out our room. He opened up our blinds and enthusiastically pointed out all the snow that had fallen over night. Usually I'm really grumpy in the mornings but I couldn't help but laugh and laugh. He returned to bed and we snuggled up and talked about the holidays approaching.

We had about an inch and a half of snow here in Alpine and my parents had six inches. Alta (the ski resort) had 44 inches! Woo!

When I was younger and it got closer to Christmas I would always describe "the tingles" to my Mom and Dad. It was the way I expressed my excitement and anticipation. A little stirring in my stomach followed by a smile or maybe a little jump. This morning I felt the tingles and am excited for the holidays to come. The weather has officially made its turn and my Mom and Dad already have their tree out! (Yes, it is a little early, but they always have it up for Thanksgiving. They'll be going out of town during November so they're getting it all done now so they don't have to worry about it later. Why not enjoy it?)

As I mentioned a few posts ago I am sad this will be my first Christmas away from my family. I'm a little nervous I might have a break down once we're in Savannah, but I am trying to keep my spirits high. Mitch reminded me that I had him and he is my family so it will be okay. The challenge will be making our new place feel like home over the holidays after only being there a few short weeks. We are putting so much money into schooling right now that we probably won't exchange many gifts between us. We're relying on having the spirit of Christmas to come through our hearts this year.

Thanksgiving will be wonderful since we do get to share it with both of our families. The Shepherds are doing their Thanksgiving on Wednesday and then my family on Thursday. Aw, the joy of two families! Two of everything on the holidays! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment