Cassie Shepherd

November 3, 2010

Girls Night Out


I don't think Mitch is used to me leaving him for longer than a couple hours. When I came home around midnight from a night out with my girls he was stunned that we could actually just sit and talk for hours upon hours. Lu, my sister-in-law, said that him and my nephews resorted to sitting in a circle around a strobe light passing a basketball. Lately, I've been wondering what is going to happen when Mitch has no one to "play" with in Georgia. I hope I don't get stuck passing a basketball in the dark with him....

Natalie, Chelsie, Jillian, and I went out to dinner at The Brick Oven. That is one of my favorite places to eat. I always get the Garlic Chicken and on special occasions (like this one) I order garlic bread and a diet coke. It was great to get out and just laugh. Jillian and I reminisced our "college days" and jammed out to "Instigator" in the Jeep. I got butterflies because I was excited thinking about Chelsie's love life. And it was so great to see Natalie. I haven't seen her since my wedding. It made me miss the old days. The four of us always knew how to have fun!

I'm sure going to miss them while we're in Georgia. It is going to be weird not to meet up for lunch, go shopping, or have craft days. Guess that means we'll have a lot of phone dates! Hopefully we can work it out where Chels comes to visit though. I haven't quite ran it by Mitch yet, but we're also planning a girls trip down to the Bahamas in May... bring on the sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment