Cassie Shepherd

November 28, 2010

On The Road To Albuquerque

Four Corners
We're safe and sound in Moriarty, right out side of New Mexico. The drive went well. We left this morning at 8:00 and got in around 9:00. It took a little longer than we thought. We should move faster tomorrow because we have less mountains to cross through which means a little faster speeds. The time seemed to go fast for me because I am reading "The Second Son" by Chris Stewart and love it. I just about finished but it got dark so I had to stop. On the way we made a couple of fun stops though - the temple in Monticello and Four Corners.

Monticello, Utah
While going through New Mexico we saw the sun setting. It was beautiful. We don't think we've ever seen the colors like this sunset. The colors faded from dark to light. As we continued to drive it seemed as if the darkness grew upwards and the night took over. We pulled over and took a picture. Of course, the picture doesn't do it justice...


Tomorrow we're hoping to arrive in Flowermound by 7:00. I'm excited to see my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment