Cassie Shepherd

March 20, 2011

169 Years of Relief Society History

This last week was the birthday of the Relief Society organization. For our ward additional Relief Society meeting I put together a slide show on the history of the organization. It took a lot longer to make than I had planned because there was SO much information on the history. I'm so glad I did it though. Mostly because I don't know if I would've learned it in so much detail any other way.

I shared the video with my mom who happened to pass it on to a few of her select friends. Turns out they've forwarded it as well and it is being shown in some other wards outside of Savannah.

Since there was so much information I had to really condense it. At first, it was 7 pages long and would've lasted over a half hour. I was able to really cut it down and get it to about 10 minutes. I used two different scripts and combined what I felt to be the most important information. One of the scripts I found on-line and the other was sent to me from my mother-in-law so I'm not sure where she got it. I wish I could've even added more though because there is a rich amount of information available. However, I wanted to keep it short. Because of that I had to talk fast though so I apologize in advance.

Anyway, here it is. 169 years worth of Relief Society History...


No comments:

Post a Comment