Cassie Shepherd

August 27, 2012

Last First Day of School


For my last first day of school, I thought it was appropriate to post my first first day of school picture. Well, it is my general Kindergarten picture, but close enough. 

In the last six years I have been to FIVE universities - University of Utah, Salt Lake Community College, Utah Vally University, Brigham Young University, and Utah State University. A little crazy, no? I can easily say Utah State has been the best part of my college education. Aside from the fact that most of the courses I've taken at USU have been specific to my major, their on-line program has been terrific and I don't think I could ever go back to the classroom. I felt like the teachers knew me, even though they never met me. I have loved almost all of my courses. By far math has been my hardest subject. However, I passed all of my statistics and research courses with flying colors. In fact, my research methods instructor even said, 

"Cassie, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed having you in my class and reading your papers. You are a good writer and good student and I know that this is a difficult class to take online. I also wanted to encourage you to think about graduate school because you are such a good student."

and

"Your writing is refreshingly precise and articulate, but never verbose. Your grammar is impeccable, as is your APA formatting. Excellent work. Above and beyond expectations. Seriously, I almost shed a tear of joy because I enjoyed reading and grading your paper so much."

What great compliments huh? Although I have researched multiple graduate programs, I have ultimately decided graduate school is not apart of my near future. That isn't to say a year from now I might change my mind, but as for now, I am content with where I am at. 

To finish up this semester I have five classes left:
Infant Development
The Market and Housing 
Issues in Family Life Studies
Utah History
Natural Disasters

My infant development course is through BYU. I anticipate being able to finish that and my natural disasters course before the semester is over. So, I am hoping by November I should really only have three courses left. That is 9 credits! I'll be in the single digits! And then I graduate! Woo! I have already decided I am not walking. I have never attended one course at USU. Commencement programs are usually pretty boring and who wants to make three hour drive up to Logan to listen? Anyway, it'll still be a happy time come December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment