Cassie Shepherd

October 27, 2012

Aebleskivers


On my parent's honeymoon they drove through Solvang, California. It was one of my favorite part of the trips! It is a little Danish town out in the middle of the hills of California. I had never even heard of it. We wouldn't have stopped if my mom hadn't told us to make an effort to go there 100 times. We are so glad we did!


We ate in a dinky little restaurant. But, that is why we chose it. We wanted something authentic and delicious and that is what we got! I am not sure what kind of cracker or cheese I am eating. All I know it is something you don't buy at Wal-Mart.


What's this you ask? I am not sure. Some type of open face turkey sandwich that wasn't really what Americans call a sandwich. I know it looks unique and delicious…but I didn't like it. Mitch did though! 


And so I ate these! Aeblesivers. 
And, I might have even slipped in some yummy danish cookies and pastries…
It isn't very often we drive through Danish towns, so I succumbed to a few unhealthy treats.



3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Solvang. It's such a great little town (but we had four kids when we visited there). That's where I bought the first of our Dickens Villiage houses. Our honeymoon trip highlight was Carmel-by-the-Sea and Monterey and the 17 mile ocean drive - which you visited in the dark. :o)

    The Aebleskivers are soooo yummy. They remind me of the Beniet' we had in Savannah. (No I can't spell it...)

    I love the way you travel and keep a running journal of your trips; I also love the way you send your mom a copy. Yes!!!

    'Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solvang is such a cute little town. And we love ableskivers, we even have a special pan to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Solvang! I haven't been there since I was a kid. Awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete